Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Errata Corrected

Sorry about the recipe at the end of the blog. I was trying to do two columns, then I aligned right and everything smashed together. I didn't catch it in the preview, cause I didn't do a last preview. When I read my blog and saw it all smashed I thought that I had lost the second column ingredients, so I shoved them in at the end. So who could tell how many bananas actually go into this recipe. Is it three twice or is it just three mashed bananas. You actually should say smashed bananas in a high-falutin English accent. My spell check doesn't like the way I spelled falutin. How do you spell that word. I don't want to look it up. So anyway, here is the recipe. Everything will be in one column so there will be no chance of messing up again.

Sour Cream Banana Bars

1 1/2 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup softened butter (not melted)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed banana (three large bananas) (don't forget the accent)
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Turn on your oven to 375. Mix the sugar, sour cream and butter. Get them nice and blended.Add the eggs, banana, and vanilla. That has me thinking does everybody need
more Mexican vanilla. I still have a stash. I should have sent some out with Seth. Oh well. Noah and Becky are probably coming here for Thanksgiving and we can send some back to Utah with some. I should have sent some with Shelley when she went to Ethiopia for the first time. Now I'm feeling guilty because of my vanilla stash. Back to reality. The Mexican vanilla is good in this recipe, but so is any other vanilla. Add your flour. Mix it in well. Add the baking soda and the salt. Last of all stir in the nuts. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. When it has cooled frost and enjoy. Oh I'm sorry I forgot to tell you to bake this in a jelly roll pan. PLEASE READ THE RECIPE BEFORE YOU START PUTTING THIS TOGETHER. (So you can get the jelly roll pan part.) Hope this is not too crazy. Well maybe a little crazy, but not so crazy that you can't make the recipe.

1 comment:

The Schauerhamers said...

I will have to add these to my family cookbook. I wish I could have come to your fabulous party. Your yard looks wonderful. When we see green here in Idaho it's nothing to yours. Wish we could have seen you this summer. Keep posting so we can see what you are up to. Tell everyone hello from Andrew, Me and the girlies!~