Saturday, September 6, 2008

Kate's Birthday Party

Kate turned thirty on the 3rd of September. Her husband planned and executed a marvelous party today. Yes, Saturday the sixth. To celebrate her turning thirty Maurie delivered 30 cans of Dr. Pepper, her favorite beverage, to her front lawn. He had them laid out in the numbers 3 and 0. He also took thirty Krispy Kreme doughnuts to her work at Bio Life Labs. Her co-workers were very happy to celebrate the occasion along with her.


Th This is Sean. Sean is in fifth grade. He loves being a top dog at his school. Sean is very big for his age. Many people think that he is much older than he really is. His brother's just think that he's their favorite person in the world and that he can be very bossy.
This Ewan. He saw me with a camera and he came right up to me and started posing. Ewan is in third grade. Ewan turned nine in July. He is a very sweet boy, but nevertheless he is still all boy.
Let me introduce you to Jack. Any stick becomes a weapon in his hands. Jack is in kindergarten, all day kindergarten. Jack is very excited because he gets to eat lunch at the school. I'm sorry I don't have a picture of Liam, but he was off playing on the swings.

Rachel was exhausted from, oh I don't know, maybe life, and she needed a little snooze on one of the picnic tables. All of us with cameras got a shot of her sleeping away.
Seth was put in charge of the grilling. He only lost one burger as he was flipping them. As the the briquettes got hotter and the flames rose he handed the job off to his Mom. I cooked for awhile then I handed it off to Maurie, who really is the best griller of all of us.
Rachel is standing by the strangest mushroomy/toadstool type things I have ever seen. We had a lot of rain this week and some odd fungi always appears, but these are the most colorfully weird shrooms I've seen in awhile.

4 comments:

meelays said...

Wish we could have been there for the party! Happy 30th, Kate! See, it ain't so bad! Maybe Mike will take you skydiving like Gigi took me.

sara said...

It was good to see pictures of the family back there. It is hard to think that Kate is 30. That makes me feel very old. It looks like you all had a fun time.

Stacy said...

Great Post! It is so good to see your family out there. Happy Birthday!

Alan and Shelley said...

I'm so glad I'm finally able to see your grandbabies (boys). I can't believe Kate is 30, she doesn't look it, she looks like she 20. What a fun family outing. Those brats looks yummy! Where are the pics of you, Maury and Seth?