Sunday, September 28, 2008

September Visit

I'm sorry that I haven't put on a new post, but I was waiting because I knew Miles and Gigi and the boys were coming for a visit. It was Mile's twenty year H.S. reunion and they got to our house late Thursday night. This is a picture of Miles and Isaac early Friday morning on the patio enjoying some Froot Loops.
This is Adam starting his day with a little alfresco dining.
Jacob is in the back with glasses and Hunter is the scowly one. He wasn't unhappy. I just caught him at a bad moment.
This a much better picture of Jacob.
A close-up of Hunter.
Isaac jumping on the trampoline.
The boys got out the blocks and built marble runs. Isaac really loved sending the marbles down through all his different designs.

Maurie and Miles standing by the new grill. Maurie bought this grill two years ago, but we didn't get it out from the box until the patio was done. Meanwhile in Kansas Miles had been eyeing the new Weber grill line and had his heart set on this new grill. He was very surprised to find that his Dad owned one and that he, Miles would get to grill on it. It makes great hot dogs, burgers, bratwurst, and Italian sausage.
Rachel and the boys were having a good time with their laptops on the patio.
Here are Rachel and all the boys. They were posing for someone taking their picture. Meanwhile I was catching this image from the side. Noah and Mike are in the background. Miles is obscured by the umbrella pole.
Hunter is being very thoughtful.
Gigi, Hunter, Seth, Miles and Kate. They were sampling some appetizers.
On Sunday we traveled to De Kalb. The Decker boys were performing their Primary Sacrament Program. These pictures were taken just outside the chapel. We told them to stand straight and smile nice for the camera, but this is what we got.
This is a much better picture. Now I will name the boys. Left to right, Jack, Isaac, Liam, Ewan, Adam, Sean, Jacob, and Hunter. They are lined up according to age.
Here they are again, only Jack's turned around. The Decker boys have the tall genes. Notice that Sean had just received his Scout sash and was proudly wearing it.
Here we all are. In our glory. Look close and you will see that Noah is in the picture. He surprised us and arrived Saturday night. Miles and Kate were in on the secret, but Maurie and I were floored. We had offered to fly him out to be with us, but he said he had tests and couldn't make it . Lo and behold he had been planning this since last April when he first found out about Mile's reunion. Maurie cried and I screamed. We are one big happy.
The Kansas Colemans
Brothers and Sisters

4 comments:

sara said...

I was in on the secret as well. Miranda had informed of his plans and I was trying really hard not to reveal anything when we were speaking last week. Anyway it looks like you had a wonderful weekend. And to be all together. Can you ask for anything more? I bet those little boys just loved being together with their cousins. I was sure you would do a post about it and so I am glad to hear that it all went so well.

Stacy said...

What great photos! A group of great looking grandboys!

Jennifer said...

I'm so happy that you could all be together for this reunion. I had to try really hard not to let it slip that Noah was coming also. Great pictures of your wonderful family.

Alan and Shelley said...

What a fun family reunion. I'm so glad that you all got to be together for the weekend. that Noah sure is a sneaky one. But what a great surprise for you and Maurie. I started to get teary when you said that Maurie cried when he saw Noah. That's the best kind of surprise. I love your family pictures and to see you all together. Its a side we don't get to see often enough.